We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veterans status or on the basis of disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Synergy Bank, please call Sallie Preston at 985-851-2217 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deposit Operations Manager
40 hours per week
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Proficiency in typing / keyboarding and 10 key calculator.
- Basic level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word software programs.
- Previous banking experience and supervisory skills.
- Telephone etiquette skills – ability to professionally and politely provide telephone assistance to account holders.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Deposit account product knowledge – understanding the terms and characteristics of the bank's various deposit account products.
- Provide knowledge, guidance, motivation and employee development
- Role model by possessing good work ethics and a good working knowledge of every task handled in the department.
- Daily supervision of subordinates
- Ability to back-up the functions of Deposit Operations personnel
- Provide guidance on bank regulations
- Provide guidance on required documentation for opening a new account
- Provide guidance in problem solving
- Coordinate vacation and lunch schedules
- Approve employees time in Paychex Systems
- Conduct departmental meetings
- Complete and conduct performance evaluations
- Ensure all required duties are completed timely
- Participate in bank-wide sales referral incentive program
- Participate in bank-sponsored community and business development activities
- Follow all company policies and procedures applicable to the position and bank employees as a whole
East Houma Office • 30 Hours with Benefits
- Pleasant and professional appearance.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to flexible work schedule.
- Ability to lift currency & coin-approximately 40-50 pounds.
- Previous teller experience or two years cashiering experience
- FiServ experience
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Routine teller duties – paying and receiving.
- Process night / ATM deposits.
- Balance cash drawer to teller system daily.
- Place Reg CC holds as applicable.
- Process loan payments.
- Cross-sell bank products and services (sales referrals).
- Provide assistance to bank personnel as needed.
- Answer phones as necessary and provide telephone assistance to customers.
Human Resources Assistant
40 hours per week
Education and Job Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management; or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Employment law and Payroll functions
- Professional in verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Practice high level of confidentiality
- Responsible for the file maintenance of all HR files and processes. Assist HR Director with benefits, compensation, and the hiring process administration.
- Assist with the documentation of all applications, interviews, hiring, HR orientation, and termination processes.
- Assist with the time & attendance, Human Resource information and payroll administration processes.
- Assist with the communication of all employee insurance benefits & updates to staff: enrollments and administration.
- Maintain employee personnel files within legal guidelines.
- Maintain all calendars, logs, and anniversary data.
- Keep current with all federal and state laws governing employees and employment.
- Maintain performance review schedules and notices.
- Maintain all personnel policies as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Assist in all employee-related functions within the facilities and with outside activities.
- Participate in the bank-wide sales and referral incentive program.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Synergy Bank. Our mission is to foster a working environment in which members of the community will want to work - to be a part of Synergy, not just as a customer, but as a team member. Should you have any questions you may contact our HR Director, Sallie Preston at 985-851-2217.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and wish to apply for a posted position, please fill in the below information.